It's such a long drive to Annandale, and the thought of doing that once per week on top of the hour + commute Eric and I both have is not fun, but we'll do it. Since there aren't many locations for CT, I feel pretty lucky that we only drive 1 hour. Xander was his usual self... slept on the way in, sucked his hand, and just looked cute waiting for the appointment. Look at that chin! Which one?

Eva went with us today. I was hoping she would see a baby or two with the band on, but that wasn't the case. She just played in the waiting room with daddy and decided it wasn't a good day for potty training.

I had to go back with Xander alone since someone had to watch the big monster in the waiting room. It was really great. There was a different PT, I can't remember her name, from Charlotte helping out. She was so sweet! She brought in the stocking for Xander's head (they put them in pantyhose like a bank robber!) and just put it on his head, then played peek-a-boo with him with it. He smiled at her! Then she put it over his face, and he didn't even cry. It is a VERY freaky thing to see. I got teary, but not in a sad way. It's just pretty freaking odd...
Here he is, Xander Mander getting ready to rob a bank (he really should go through with it so we can pay for his treatment!).
Is this not the scariest thing? He was such a great patient! Eric said he looks like the Micheline man... or Alfred Hitchcock robbing a bank! Poor PT. She was pregnant and totally not expecting to have to lift such a large load!!
Look at those arms!
Still cute with his head in hose!
After the pictures Xander decided he needed to eat... and talk at the same time. He was in a great mood but couldn't decide if he needed food (um, maybe not) or to tell me about his experience. The PT then showed us the 3D image of his head. It looked so much worse, the ears and the flat parts. She showed me how they'd encourage his head to grow in the flat places, that his face and forehead would even out and his ears would line up better. She also told me how to stretch him without a fight - looks like we've been doing it right!
Next Friday the band comes in. Hopefully, X-man will handle it as easily as he did the hose on his head!
Tomorrow we're off to the chiropractor again!


Not many kids can pull off looking so adorable with a panty hose like thing covering their head. Glad it went well.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie! I love all that chub! I bet they were thrilled to have such a happy baby. Good luck on everything else.
ReplyDelete