Friday, August 14, 2009

Xander's first day

This morning we went to Cranial Technologies to get Xander's band. He was an angel. The band was a little different than I had imagined, although I've seen a lot. It wasn't as shocking to see him in the band as I thought it would be, although I did get a little teary. It's hard to get sappy when your 2 year old is commanding attention.

We practiced putting the band on and taking it off. I think we have it. Right now it kind of moves around a bit. But I've been told that it won't move as much as he grows.

Today I had to take it off every 3-4 hours to check for redness... and he has some red spots. So we wait for them to go away before putting the band back on. He's sweating like a fountain in this thing, so our air conditioner is way down to keep him cool for now until he adjusts to it. He's still cute, and I was feeling I might feel weird taking him out, but I'm not. I'm proud of us for doing something for him. We're good parents.

The bad thing is that I accidentally deleted all of the photos from this morning, so I took some more at home. Here he is playing in his exersaucer. He's not bothered at all.















And an adorable picture of him sleeping. My swaddled, banded babe!



Tomorrow we decorate. I'm thinking guitars and music notes first! Then maybe the sea-theme for our trip to Grandma's and Pop Pop's.

No comments:

Post a Comment