Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 3

Well, it's actually longer than 3 weeks, but I haven't gotten to the blog in a while! Xander had a great time at his Grandma's and Pop Pop's. He was pretty grumpy along the way and wouldn't eat. We're thinking now he has a bit of silent reflux and the doctor put him on Zantac, but my lovely tubby friends have informed me that he's not on a high enough dose - hence the waking up 4x a night for the past three nights. Poor kid has to wear a helmet and has reflux.

I did do a monkey decoration on his band last week, but it didn't last. They started to peel within two days. So I took them off. We went bare with just his name for two days. Today, for the fourth week, I've done fishes and turtles again. I'll post pictures sometime. We go back to work full time tomorrow, so taking pictures isn't high on the list of to do things.

The good news is that at his last adjustment, the PT informed me that he was doing really well. He was growing so fast that he only has room for 2 or 3 more adjustments, which will get him out of the helmet between 6-8 weeks. She said that was pretty uncommon, but good! I'm really happy about that. She did say in two weeks we'd re-evaluate to see if he needs a 2nd band. She thought it was highly unlikely (and we can't afford it at all if he does need it). So he may have a little flat spot behind his right ear, but it won't affect his face or jaw, and has a good chance of "filling in" on its own.

Today we went to the Air and Space Museum. I'm at the point now where I forget that he has something on his head! I even think he looks funny without it! I only really remembered when I noticed people staring at him. You know, they look for as long as they think is "safe" then quickly look away. Of course, kids don't do that. They point and stare. It's fine, though. I was just thrilled to take him out and show him off.

And he is still very big... 19lbs 11oz at 4 months, and 27 1/2 inches long. He's HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment